All-Season Salad Garden Kit
Once you indulge in the joy of sampling your own homegrown salad greens, it’s highly unlikely you will ever be caught rummaging through the salad refrigerators of a supermarket, in an attempt to locate the least wilted head of lettuce. With homegrown salads you discover a whole new palate of flavours you never expect to find in the humble lettuce leaf. Nutty, spicy, tangy, zesty and earthy are just a few that spring to mind. However it is only when you get to taste them truly fresh, and by truly fresh, I literally mean harvested no more than a couple of hours before it reaches the plate, and unrefrigerated that their true integrity of flavours are revealed.
If you are reading this, and live in a concrete jungle without an inch of soil around you, please don’t be alarmed. We have already anticipated your dilemma and compiled the seed varieties in this kit in such a way that it can easily be cultivated in containers.
14 in stock
Included in this kit is everything you will need to start and maintain your own salad and herb garden.
- 2 seedling trays for seed starting
- Basin for dip fertilizing your seedlings
- Seedling fertilizer
- Markers to identify your seedlings
- Grow medium to germinate your seedlings
- 9 varieties of seed
- Step by step instructions on how to set up and manage your salad garden.
Seed varieties included:
- White spring onions – a root crop ideal as a salad companion, both in the garden and in the salad bowl.
- Rocket – first out of the gates this one, and not only a treat in salads, but also a number one pesto ingredient.
- Mizuna – this is your semi spicy oriental.
- Butterhead lettuce – a deliciously creamy leaf, and a staple in any salad.
- Cos Little Gem – the baby version of Cos Romaine, crisp and sweet and juicy.
- Gourmet Salad Blend – a compilation of loose leaf lettuce both green and red as well as mustard greens and some rocket.
- Basil – a well known favourite.
- Cherry tomato – such a tasty currant tomato, we’ll be surprised if this one even makes it to the salad bowl.
- Radish Easter Egg – a mad mix of red, purple, white, rose pink and bi-colour